Well, the end of the year just came and went in a blinding fury of "whooosh"! Just like that, it's almost the middle of January....and what does that mean? Well it should mean I should be pedaling my butt off getting ready for the upcoming season of off-road cycling racing fun! Ok, I am kinda, but not really pushing it to the point that a pro should, being how I am simply not pro, but having fun at an amatuer level regardless I am trying to find the balance between family, work and fun...of course racing is my fun...
Turkey Day & Xmas were great, family visits were wonderful, eating lots of great foods was also wonderful, time off the bike was ok, but I do miss a day out in the deep woods just pedaling along...spent some nice time with my Aunt & Uncle in Charlotte, rode the train to downtown which was exciting.
Work is constantly evolving and we find ourselves with many feature requests in queue, which are sometimes difficult to accomplish, but worth the effort when the results equate to a newfound spike in sales...also have some cool new "hush-hush" integration ideas I have been working on which may gain a few more interest points of recommendation...
We are also closing on a new house Yay! Which means funds may be limited for the meantime to focus on unexpected or unforeseen expenses...but the newer living space will mean more freedom for us to spread our wings and hopefully dig our roots in...I am trying to continue focusing on the cycling calendar which really helps me escape some of the reality of adult responsibility and icky stuff like that...unfortunately, the 2010 calendar may all be tentative this year since the new house thing is coming into fruition much faster than expected...
Family is doing excellent, can't complain. Raven is getting taller and stronger... I am going to be helping coach her soccer team this spring which is new territory to me, but I am really excited to be involved with her sports activities! Wifey is wonderful as usual, keeping us all healthy with her new Superfoods nutrition program. Hopefully this winter freeze will release us so we can go on some nature hikes or bikes.
Currently trying to attend the WBL series which Dave Hall leads out on Sundays, but I always find an obstacle blocking the way. Either work on a Saturday, or 12 degree temps which hinder my ability to pedal properly(although many showed up to the ride last Sunday despite the cold). When I do actually ride one of the WBLs. I really have a great time! So I am going to try not missing the next few since the WBL is probably about over...but definite thanks to Dave for letting us tag along on his strength building program which he is literally allowing everyone to sample....
So, if all goes according to plan, we should be moved out by month's end and putting all the pieces together in the new hacienda throughout February which has a few preregistered races already in motion. Nothing I can do about these races since early registration grabs the discount rates...so I will try and do my best, and hopefully my stress level won't become too much of a factor at events...it may actually help me find an outlet... :)
I have new race wheels which are on the way to give some offtime to the current ones in need of servicing...new pedals also on the way to rid myself of the CrapBrothers EggBeaters...not much else new I believe since most of my components held up great through last season except for the 2 sets of Crank Brothers pedals I went through and not from abuse, but from actual wear...Gonna try Time ATAC this season and hope to not have to focus on pedal spring failures...doh, I am rambling...
Regardless, I will be posting more blog-matter to keep my legion of blog-followers satisfied...you know who you are!
2010 Events Schedule
- Nov 7: Swank 65 (Pisgah)
- Sep 18: Pedaling For Peanuts (TEAM) (6th place)
- Sep 14-18: Pisgah Stage Race (CANCELLED)
- July 25: ORAMM (Pisgah) (40 miles+ DNF)
- May 23: Catawba Riverfront Classic XC(4th SS)
- May 8: 6 Hour Grind on the Greenway (12th Mens Open)
- May 1: Tour de Cure (Little Mountain, SC) (CANCELLED)
- Apr 3: 6 Hours of Warrior Creek (12th Place SS)
- Mar 28: After Bridge Run Ride (82miles 3:58)
- Mar 27: Cooper River Bridge Run (58:00)
- Mar 6: Snake Creek Gap Time Trial#3 (4hrs 26min SS)
- Feb 20: 12 Hours of Santos (Ocala Florida) (5th Place SS)
- Feb 6: Snake Creek Gap Time Trial#2 (5hrs 11mins SS)
2009 Events Schedule
- Nov 8: Swank 65 (87th 5:46:06)
- Oct 10:Dirty Spokes 12hrs of Unicoi
- Sep 6: Shenandoah 100(cancelled)
- Aug 20: Daniel Island Twilight Fun Run 5K Series #4 (32:43)
- Aug 15: Fools Gold 100 (50mile-10th SS- 5:43:00)
- Aug 6: Daniel Island Twilight Fun Run 5K Series #3 (27:45)
- Jul 26: Off Road Assault on Mt Mitchell (7:49:00)
- Jul 23: Daniel Island Twilight Fun Run 5K Series #2 (skipped)
- Jul 9: Daniel Island Twilight Fun Run 5K Series #1 (22:00:00)
- Jun 20: Cowbell Challenge Marathon (8th SS)
- Jun 13: Tour de Cure Century (4hrs:45mins)
- Jun 7: Catawba Riverfront Classic (3rd SS)
- Apr 25: Cohutta 100 (cancelled)
- Apr 5: After Bridge Run Ride Century (cancelled)
- Apr 4: Charleston Bridge Run 10k (52:59)
- Feb 15:Myrtle Beach Marathon Bike Ride 63 miles (28th)
- Feb 21: 6 Hours of Santos (35th-Overall, ?? SingleSpeed)