Friday, June 5, 2009

Piccolo Spoleto

I found time in the afternoon to sneak out and watch another Young Artists series performance from the Piccolo Spoleto Events. I definitely enjoyed this one. My cello instructor Yun Hao Jiang performed with Jesus Manuel Toro on Piano with some movements from Dmitri Shostakovich. It is incredible to watch a performance like this since it lets you really see what your instructor is trying to teach you in terms of self control while playing the cello. I was awestruck watching him play in so many different positions as well as styles on the cello. Hopefully in about 7-10 years time, I may be good enough to play a performance like this one, but for now, I will continue practicing my open string, first position scale, and focusing on my bow arm... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment